Expressions of Interest - CMBA Examination Committee
Job no: 494073
Work type: Statutory Appointments
Location: Any - Any location
Categories: Board Services
The Chinese Medicine Board of Australia (CMBA or the Board) is calling for applications for appointment to the CMBA Examinations Committee (Committee). The CMBA has decided to establish the Committee to ensure the Board has access to the necessary expert advice on written and clinical examination results in accordance with good assessment practice and examination governance.
The role of the Committee is to provide expert advice in managing risks related to operation of the examinations and will facilitate:
- the reliability and validity of examination tools and processes
- the transparency and defensibility of assessment outcomes, and
- the consistency across examination sessions.
The Committee will also make recommendations to the Board related to the operation of the examinations.
Applications are sought from applicants who have one or more of the following:
- experience and currency in multiple-choice question (MCQ) examination and objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) design, implementation and evaluation
- experience and currency in using psychometric analysis of examinations
- experience in higher education, accreditation and/or regulation within the Chinese medicine profession in Australia and/or related health professions regulated under the National Law
- formal and higher degree qualifications in health
- expertise in education/pedagogy, and
- extensive experience of Chinese medicine practice within the Australian health care system.
Applicants who are Chinese medicine practitioners must also:
- hold registration without conditions, ideally registered in both acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine divisions, and
- hold a minimum of a Bachelor level degree from a recognised higher education institution.
Applications will be assessed by a selection advisory panel and appointments may be for up to three years, with eligibility for reappointment. The first meeting is expected to be held in mid-late October 2020.
More information about responsibilities of the Committee can be found in the Information guide and Terms of Reference.
Information on the application process can be found in the PageUp applicant instructions guide.
For general enquiries, email email@example.com
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend