Accreditation Committee of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Board - Community Member
Job no: 492547
Work type: Statutory Appointments
Location: Any - Any location, Perth
Call for applications for appointment to the Accreditation Committee of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practice Board
The National Registration and Accreditation Scheme regulates more than 670,000 registered health practitioners and over 150,000 registered students across 14 health professions. It also accredits over 740 approved programs of study delivered by over 330 education providers.
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practice Board of Australia (the Board) is calling for applications for appointment to the Accreditation Committee (the Committee).
The role of the Committee is to exercise accreditation functions under the National Law assigned by the Board. The functions are to:
- develop accreditation standards
- assess programs of study
- monitor approved programs of study and education providers to ensure they continue to meet the accreditation standards, and
- advise the Board of issues in education and practice which may impact upon Aboriginal and Torres Islander health practice and the conduct of programs of study.
The Board is seeking applications from community members with current or recent experience in:
- Education - preferably with experience working in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector and in delivering training in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care (Practice), and
- Accreditation - preferably within the health sector.
Applications are being sought from community members who reside in all states and territories.
Applications will be assessed by a Selection Advisory Panel. Appointments are for up to three years, with eligibility for re-appointment, and are expected to commence in July 2018.
For more information on the accreditation committee, please click here.
More information about the roles, eligibility requirements and the application process can be found in the attached Information Guide and Terms of Reference.
Information guide - ATSIHP Accreditation Committee
Terms of Reference - ATSIHP Accreditation Committee
For general enquiries, please email email@example.com.
If you need help with filling in your form please see attached
FAQ - Statutory Appointments
Please note if you are an employee or contractor for AHPRA you are NOT eligible for these positions.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend